Mediterranean Salad with Oregano Dill Vinaigrette
Hearty enough to enjoy as a main dish, or great as a make-ahead side for BBQs or potlucks.
- 2 c. bulgur wheat
- 1/2 c. Della Terra Dill Olive Oil
- 1/4 c. Della Terra Oregano White Balsamic
- Juice and zest of one large lemon
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 c. chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large English cucumber, finely diced
- 1 bell pepper (red or yellow) finely diced
- 2 tbsps. fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 c. crumbled feta (optional)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Soak the bulgur in very hot water (enough to cover the bulgur by 1") with 1 tablespoon of sea salt for 30 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water until completely cooled and drained. Fluff and set aside. Combine all other ingredients (except feta) and mix well. Marinate these ingredients for up to one hour in the refrigerator. In a large bowl, combine completely drained and cooled bulgur with the marinated ingredients, tossing well to combine. Sprinkle with feta if using. Adjust seasoning and serve.
Serves 4 as a main course or 6 as a side.