- 2 cups blackberries, mashed
- 1 cup Della Terra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Della Terra Blackberry Ginger Balsamic
- a few shakes hot sauce of your choice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 6 chicken breasts, about 3 pounds total
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of white rice, cooked
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Della Terra Blackberry Ginger Balsamic
- 1 cup blackberries
In a medium bowl, mash the 2 cups blackberries. Add to a large ziplock bag, along with the olive oil, 1/2 cup Blackberry Ginger Balsamic Vinegar, hot sauce, 2 tablespoons honey, and steak seasoning. Add the chicken and shake it up so everything gets all mixed together.
Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or up to 24.
Bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Rinse rice in a sieve until water runs clear. Add rice to water and cook until tender, 18 – 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat grill to medium heat.
Prepare the glaze: in a small saucepan combine COLD water and cornstarch with a whisk. Turn the heat to medium. Add 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, and 1 cup blackberries. Mash the berries. Stir over medium heat until the mixture thickens, about 4 minutes. Set over low heat and stir occasionally to keep warm while you cook the chicken.
Grill the chicken for 3-5 minutes, then flip and cook for another 2-4 minutes, until each breast is cooked through.
Serve the hot chicken on a bed of rice with the warm glaze spooned over the top and a sprinkling of shallots.
Prep: 20 minutes
Marinate: 4 - 24 hours
Cook: 25 minutes
Makes: 6 servings