- 454g ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 1 tablespoon Della Terra Chipotle Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- ½ cup salsa or diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cumin Powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 4 cups cauliflower pearls (see note)
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- salt to taste
- Your favourite Mexican toppings such as fresh cilantro, sliced avocados, jalapenos, lime slices, grated cheese, sour cream
Heat Chipotle Olive Oil in large non-stick skillet. Brown ground meat. Add onions, garlic and jalapenos. Saute for a few minutes until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
Add tomatoes or salsa, tomato paste, cumin powder, chili powder and salt to the pan. Stir in the diced bell peppers and cauliflower rice. Mix well and cover pan, stirring occaisionally until cauliflower is cooked – approximately 5-7 minutes. Adjust seasoning as needed.
Serve hot with your favourite Mexican toppings.
Note: You can easily make your own cauliflower pearls. Simply add cauliflower florets to a food processor or chopper and pulse until the cauliflower resembles small bits (like rice). Make sure not to over process or it will turn mushy.