This is a tasty, simple recipe that makes a great, inexpensive weeknight dinner. The olive oil mingles with the white wine to make divine pan juice, perfectly suited for dipping crusty french bread. It's also lovely served over pasta, rice or quinoa.
- 1 whole free range chicken, split in half
- 2 pounds small new potatoes
- 1 pound of whole cremini mushrooms
- 2 large carrots, roughly chopped into 1/2" pieces
- 2 onions, peeled, cut into wedges (about 1" at the thickest part)
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1-1/2 cups white wine
- 1/2 cup robust Della Terra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4" sprig of fresh rosemary
- sea salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Thoroughly whisk Della Terra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil with wine. In a 9" x 13" roasting pan, toss all prepared vegetables with half of the wine marinade. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Sprinkle half of rosemary leaves over vegetables.
Rinse and pat the chicken halves dry. Position a roasting rack above vegetables. Place chicken in a large bowl and thoroughly coat with remaining wine-olive oil marinade. Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper on both sides and arrange, skin side up, on rack above vegetables.
Roast chicken and vegetables for 45-60 minutes until vegetables are tender and the largest pieces of chicken register an internal temperature of 165˚F degrees. Serve the amazing pan juices with a side of noodles, quinoa or rice and make sure you have plenty of crusty bread on hand to sop up the juices with.