Loads of flavour come together in a simple skillet that can put dinner on the table in no time. And don’t shy away from doubling the amounts; it tastes even better the next day.
The Della Terra Basil and Garlic Olive Oils can also be replaced with our Tuscan Herb Olive Oil.
- 1 tbsp Della Terra Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Della Terra Basil Olive Oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (14oz) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14oz) can artichoke hearts (not in oil), drained, cut into quarters
- 4 whole roasted red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes or 3/4 cup sliced sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup black olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15mL) capers
- 4 cups packed baby spinach or other greens
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Della Terra Traditional Balsamic Condimento, to taste
- Fresh basil, chopped
Heat both olive oils in a skillet over medium heat. Add the red onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cannellini beans. Cook for 1 minute, stirring often. Add the artichoke hearts, roasted red pepper, tomatoes, black olives, and capers. Cook for 1 minute. Add the greens and lemon juice. Cook just until the greens have wilted. Bring to high heat and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and fresh basil, cooking until fragrant. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 6 servings.