Tarragon and Grapefruit are the perfect duo in this main dish salad. This vinaigrette can be used to dress any green salad. Tarragon can also be replaced by Della Terra Basil Olive Oil and Grapefruit can be replaced with Plum White Balsamic.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 medium heads of romaine, washed and roughly chopped
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 2 large red grapefruit, sliced in wedges and peeled
- 1/3 cup Della Terra Tarragon or Basil Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Della Terra Grapefruit or Plum White Balsamic
- 2 tsps Dijon mustard
- 6 tbsps sea salt
- 1/3 cup robust, black olives
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Fresh tarragon srprigs for garnish
In advance, dissolve 6 tbsps of sea salt in 1 cup of very warm water. Add 1.5 litres of ice cold water and marinate chicken breasts for 2 hours or more.
Preheat BBQ and grill breasts over medium heat. Remove cooked breasts from grill and let rest while prepping salad.
In a mason jar, combine olive oil, balsamic, Dijon, shallot and season with salt and pepper to taste. Shake vigorously to blend. Toss romaine leaves with vinaigrette.
Divide dressed romaine between 4 plates. Garnish with grapefruit wedges, red onion and black olives. Thinly slice chicken breasts and top each salad with one breast. Garnish with tarragon sprigs.