A mixture of sweet and spicy, this chipotle-infused chili is finished with a drizzle of Espresso Balsamic Vinegar, delivering an unexpected twist with a new depth of flavour. Serve with crusty bread spread with Roasted Garlic and Chipotle Dipping Oil.
- 6 tablespoons Della Terra Chipotle Olive Oil, divided
- 6 cups diced peeled sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 small red onions, chopped
- 2 red bell or shepherd peppers, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 4 cups cooked black beans
- 2 (28oz) cans diced tomatoes
- Sea or Himalayan salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Della Terra Espresso Balsamic Vinegar, for serving
Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Toss the sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons of the Della Terra Chipotle Olive Oil. Spread the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for about 35 minutes, giving the pan a shake a few times, until brown and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the red onions and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the peppers and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, chili powder, and cumin. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the black beans and tomatoes, mixing well. Cover and cook for about 30 minutes. Stir in the sweet potatoes and test for seasoning, adding spice, salt, or pepper to taste. Drizzle with Della Terra Espresso Balsamic before serving.