Simple preparation delivers big taste with this seasonal salad featuring fall’s finest flavours.
- 5 tablespoons Della Terra Mushroom Sage Olive Oil, divided
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 pound (454g) cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 firm Bartlett pears, thinly sliced
- Fine sea or Himalayan salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Della Terra Red Apple Balsamic
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 5oz/142g baby arugula
Put 2 tablespoons of Della Terra Mushroom Sage Olive Oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender and golden, about 5 more minutes. Stir in the pears, and cook until tender, about 2 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
Pour the remaining olive oil and the Della Terra Red Apple Balsamic in a large bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the mushroom mixture, pecans, and arugula. Toss well, adding additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Serves 6 as a first course.