A simple quinoa salad gets kicked up with the addition of different olive oils and balsamics. Serving it in endive makes for easy appetizer presentation or toss it with wilted greens for a simple dinner side dish.
By Laurie Sadowski
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Fine sea or Himalayan salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Endive, end trimmed and leaves separated, for serving
- Ingredients from "Twist" below
Rinse quinoa under cool water. Put the water, quinoa, and a sprinkle of salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and keep covered for 5 minutes.
Remove the lid, fluff with a fork, and transfer to a serving bowl to cool before adding the ingredients from a Twist. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Serve in endive boats.
Serves 10 as an appetizer; Serves 4 as a side.
TWIST #1 Bright and Fresh
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsps minced chives
- 3 tbsps Della Terra Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsps Della Terra Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic
TWIST #2 Mediterranean–Inspired
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 3 tbsps Della Terra Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 3 tbsps Della Terra Traditional Balsamic Condimento
TWIST #3 Flavours of Fall
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 Bartlett pear, finely chopped
- 3 tbsps chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tbsps Della Terra Roasted Walnut Oil
- 1 tbsp Della Terra Cinnamon Pear Balsamic