- This test was developed to measure the degradation of chlorophyll in olive oil.
- This degradation of chlorophylls to pyropheophytin was found to take place at a predictable pace, making it possible to gain information about the age of an olive oil.
- A useful indicator of the presence of deodorized olive oils or soft column refining.
- Della Terra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil : ≤ 5
- International Olive Oil Council : N/A
- USDA : N/A
- California Olive Oil Council : N/A
- Australian Standards : ≤ 17