- The healthful antioxidant substances in olive oil which aid in slowing down the natural oxidative processes.
- Phenolic content decreases over time or when exposed to heat, oxygen or light and is an indicator of freshness.
- Polyphenols in extra virgin olive oil are connected with peppery bitterness and other desirable flavour characteristics.
- Consuming fresh, well made olive oil with high polyphenol content is crucial when looking to obtain the maximum health benefit commonly associated with extra virgin olive oil.
- Della Terra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil : ≥ 130
- International Olive Oil Council : N/A
- USDA : N/A
- California Olive Oil Council : N/A
- Australian Standards : N/A