- 1 whole-grain baguette, sliced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons Della Terra Butter Olive Oil
- 2 ripe pears, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons Della Terra Honey Ginger Balsamic
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon local unpasteurized honey
Preheat oven to 400. Lay baguette rounds on a baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown and toasted. Set aside.
Heat a skillet over medium-low heat and add Butter Olive Oil. Add pears, then sprinkle with salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Allow to caramelize slowly – for about 10-15 minutes. Once pears have caramelized, add Honey Ginger White Balsamic and cook for 1-2 minutes to reduce.
Spread baguette rounds with mascarpone. Top with caramelized pear, chopped walnuts, and drizzle with honey. Serve warm or cool.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 – 6 servings