- 2 tbsps. Della Terra Butter Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- ½ Jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 cobs of corn, kernels only
- 1 cup baby lima beans, fresh or frozen
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small plum tomato, chopped
- 3 strips of bacon
- 2 tbsps. fresh cilantro, chopped
Fry bacon until crisp and set aside.
Heat the Butter Olive Oil in a large skillet over medium-heat. Add the onion, red pepper and Jalapeño and sauté for 4 minutes to soften. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute or just until golden.
Add the corn kernels, lima beans, and tomato and reduce heat to medium. Season and cover. Cook for 7-10 minutes or until the corn and lima beans are softened. If the pan is dry before the corn and beans are tender, add a few tablespoons of water.
Garnish with crumpled bacon and chopped cilantro and serve.
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Makes: 4-6 servings