- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour (plus a bit for the board)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsps. minced fresh green herbs (parsley, rosemary, chives or your choice)
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup milk (or a bit more, if needed)
- 1/3 cup Della Terra Herbes de Provence Olive Oil
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Have ready a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt and toss with a fork until well mixed. Add the minced herbs and grated cheese and toss again. Pour in the milk and Herbes de Provence Olive Oil and stir with a fork until just moistened. Don’t worry if the dough is a little lumpy. Knead very lightly (biscuits should be handled delicately), just to combine the ingredients. If the dough seems a little dry, add another tablespoon of milk and knead it in gently.
Gently pat or roll the dough out on a very lightly floured bread board. The layer of dough should not be more than ½” thick. Use a 2 ½” biscuit cutter to cut out rounds and set them onto a prepared baking tray. Transfer to the oven and bake for 15 minutes, then lower heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, until the biscuits are golden on top.
Serve hot from the oven.
Prep: 10 minutes
Bake: 25 minutes
Makes: 8-10 biscuits