- 4 - 1 ½ “ thick loin pork chops, bone in
- sea salt and black peppercorns
- 2 tbsp. grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp. Della Terra Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh sage, leaves only, chopped
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp. Della Terra Maple Balsamic
- 1 tsp. tamarind paste
- ½ cup chicken stock
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Season the pork with salt and pepper. Rub with garlic olive oil, chopped thyme and sage, and all but 1 tsp. of the grainy mustard. Bake for 14-16 minutes.
While the pork is baking, melt the butter in a skillet on medium heat. All the apple and cook just until golden, about 6 minutes. Add the maple balsamic, tamarid paste and chicken stock then simmer for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add the remaining tsp. of grainy mustard and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Remove the pork chops from the oven and serve with the warm apple sauce.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings