- 4 pieces skinless, boneless halibut (about 6 oz. each)
- grated zest and juice ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
- sea salt and freshly cracked black peppercorns
- 3 tbsps. Della Terra Lime Olive Oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 whole shallots, peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 potatoes, thinly sliced
- splash white wine
- lemon wedges and fresh parsley for garnish
Season the fish with lemon zest, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Heat 2 tbsps. Lime Olive Oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Sear the fish for 1-2 minutes per side or until just golden. Remove from heat and transfer to a plate.
Immediately de-glaze the pan with a splash of white wine and lemon juice. Add the last tbsp. of Lime Olive Oil along with the potatoes, shallots and tomatoes. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 7 – 10 minutes or just until the potatoes and onions start to soften.
Remove from the oven and place the fish pieces overtop the tomato mixture. Return the pan to the oven and roast for 7-9 minutes, moving the vegetables in the pan in the middle of the process, until the fish is cooked through and firm. A small knife, when inserted into the middle of the fish, should come out feeling just warm to the touch.
Transfer the fish and vegetables onto 4 plates. Drizzle each plate with some of the pan juices and garnish with lemon wedges and chopped fresh parsley before serving.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes