- 2 tbsp. Della Terra Basil Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. crushed fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp. each pepper and hot pepper flakes
- 1 can diced (no salt added) tomatoes
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup olives (green or black)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, torn
- 1/4 tsp. dried mint
In a Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat Basil Olive Oil over medium heat. Cook onion, green pepper, garlic, fennel seeds, pepper and hot pepper flakes. Stir occasionally until tender, about 5 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes, chickpeas, olives, half of the basil, and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
Top with remaining torn basil.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings