Best. BBQ Sauce. Ever.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup Della Terra Dark Balsamic - your choice (try Espresso, Chocolate, Traditional or Neapolitan Herb)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons of your favourite Della Terra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Flavoured Olive Oil. Try with Chipotle, Harissa or Green Chili oils for added heat)
- 1 small white or yellow onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons smoked or regular paprika (mild or spicy)
- 2 teaspoons cayenne (optional )
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
In a skillet, heat the olive oil of your choice over medium heat. Sauté onions for approximately 5 minutes until softened. Add Worcestershire, ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, mustard, minced garlic, paprika, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
Transfer all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Let cool. Use on chicken, pork or beef.
Makes approximately 3 cups