Use any of your favourite Della Terra Premium Extra Virgin or Infused Olive Oils to create this simple fritatta and serve for brunch, lunch or dinner. Tuscan Herb, Gremolata or Herbes de Provence would be excellent choices from our Infused Olive Oil Collection.
- 1-1/2 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, washed, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 c. fresh asparagus spears, woody parts removed, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1 c. bacon or smoked ham cut into 1" pieces
- 1 c. grated Gruyère (or other) cheese
- 8 large eggs, whisked
- 1 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 c any Della Terra Premium Extra Virgin or Infused Olive Oil
- (See ingredient substitutions below)
Preheat oven to 375º F.
Place diced potatoes in medium pot, cover with water, and bring to boil over high heat. Boil for 5 minutes, drain, and reserve.
In a large, heavy, oven-proof skillet (a 12" cast iron is ideal) heat Della Terra Olive Oil of your choice over medium high heat. Add par-boiled potatoes and cook until golden brown, turning once. Add green onions, asparagus and sauté over medium heat for another 2 minutes.
Whisk together eggs, salt, cheese, and pepper. Pour over potatoes directly into the pan, shaking the pan a couple times gently to distribute the egg. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until egg is set and top is golden brown.
Remove from oven, and run a knife around pan edges to loosen. Allow to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Slice and serve with mixed greens, baby spinach or arugula dressed with Della Terra Gremolata Olive Oil whisked with Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic for a light, healthy meal.
- Spinach in place of asparagus
- Shallots or onions instead of green onions
- Replace ham with sautéed mushrooms for a vegetarian option