An extremely versatile and hearty winter salad that can be easily adapted to any of your favourite Della Terra Olive Oil and White Balsamic pairings for endless flavour twists. Some of our favourite selections are found at the end of this recipe.
- 2 c raw, peeled butternut squash cut into 1/2" cubes.
- 2 c prepared quinoa, cooled
- 1/2 c toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 c shaved Asiago
- 6 c baby kale or mixed greens, washed & dried
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 c +2 tbsps Della Terra Premium Extra Virgin or Infused Olive Oil
- 1/3 c + 2 tbsps Della Terra Grapefruit White Balsamic (or other white balsamic of your choice)
- 2 tbsps minced shallot
- 2 tbsps Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
Preheat oven to 400º F.
In a large bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons of olive oil with 2 tablespoons of balsamic. Add cubed butternut squash and toss to coat. Place the butternut squash in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes, or until the squash becomes golden brown. Allow to cool.
In a blender or food processor, add all remaining dressing ingredients. Process to combine well, and adjust seasoning accordingly.
Combine 1/2 of roasted butternut squash with quinoa, and kale and arrange on a large platter or in a large shallow salad bowl. Add some dressing and toss to combine. Top with remaining butternut squash and sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds and shaved Pecorino.
Grapefruit White Balsamic + Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pomegranate Quince White Balsamic + Blood Orange Olive Oil
Cranberry Pear + Blood Orange Olive Oil
Premium White Balsamic + Garlic Olive Oil