This recipe is all about the crust made using fresh Della Terra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil. This is an easy, savoury quiche to assemble for brunch, lunch or dinner.
- 2 c all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 c fruity, fresh Della Terra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 c ice cold water
Preheat oven to 375˚F.
Combine flour and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to combine. Blend the ice water and Della Terra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil together well. Drizzle into food processor with motor running and pulse until the mixture comes together. On a floured surface roll out the dough and fit in to a 9" diameter pie plate.
- 8 large eggs, beaten (one tbsp set aside)
- 1-1/2 c heavy cream
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 c packed, fresh spinach, washed, dried, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound of bacon (pre-cook weight), diced and browned
- 1-1/2 c finely grated Gruyère cheese
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream and salt. Layer the quiche with chopped spinach, then crisp bacon, and finally cheese. Pour egg mixture over the top. Brush the reserved tablespoon of beaten egg over the crust. Bake the quiche for 35-40 minutes, or until the crust is browned and the egg is set in the center and doesn't jiggle. Allow to cool slightly or to room temperature and serve.