You can use either homemade or any good quality, store bought mozzarella for this recipe.
- 1 cup fruity and robust Della Terra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1/2 cup Della Terra Rosemary Olive Oil
- 1 pound of bocconcini mozzarella fresca, drained
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red chili flakes (optional)
- 2" sprig fresh rosemary, bruised to release fragrance
Drain the mozzarella and salt. In a medium sauce pan, over medium low heat, gently heat 1/2 cup of Della Terra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil, chili flakes and rosemary to 175ºF. Maintain temperature for 2 minutes and then allow to cool to room temperature.
Stir in the remaining cup of Della Terra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Rosemary Olive Oil. Place the salted mozzarella fresca in a jar or other container large enough to hold the olive oil and cheese. Pour the oil, herbs and chili flakes over the cheese. Marinate in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Serve speared on a toothpick with a small, ripe cherry tomato and a basil leaf.