Almost any olive oil from our collection will work on this easy to prepare side dish. The crispy potato edges and melted cheese are a crowd pleaser.
- 8 medium red new potatoes
- 1/2 cup Della Terra Garlic Olive Oil (or your favourite Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Tuscan Herb Olive Oil)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated cheddar or any other melting cheese of your choice (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
Set each potato in to a large spoon and make thin slices along the length of the potato, using the spoon as a guide so as not to cut all the way through the potato.
Pour the olive oil in to a large bowl or container. Toss the potatoes liberally in the olive oil, making sure to get it in between the slices.
Arrange the potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet, cut side up. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, making sure to season in between the slices.
Bake for 30 minutes until the edges begin to turn golden brown. If desired, remove the potatoes, sprinkle with cheese, and bake for another 15-20 minutes until fully tender and golden brown.
Adjust seasoning to taste, sprinkle with fresh chives for garnish, and serve with sour cream.