Cucumber Rounds with Loaded Onion Dip
Caramelized, roasted, and raw, onions are featured three ways in this simple update to a crowd favourite. It’s the fancier version of chips and dip…with all the flavor of chips and dip.
LOADED ONION DIP
- 3 tbsp Della Terra Cilantro & Roasted Onion Olive Oil
- 1 cup chopped white onions
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 (12oz) package silken tofu, drained
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 teaspoons Della Terra Condimento Bianco Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Fine sea salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
Put the Della Terra Cilantro & Roasted Onion Olive Oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the white onions, red onions, and the whites from the green onions and salt. Cook, stirring often, until the onions are caramelized, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool
Put the tofu, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, Della Terra White Balsamic Vinegar, garlic powder, and onion powder in the food processor. Process until smooth. Add the onions and process until well mixed. Stir in the greens from the green onions, along with the chives. Refrigerate until serving.
- 1 English cucumber, cut into round cut on the bias
- hot pepper flakes (optional)
- olive oil potato chips (optional)
To finish the canapé, dollop a small amount of onion dip on the cucumber.
Top with a sprinkle of hot pepper flakes and insert a chip.