Asian-flavors are highlighted with a three-part canapé featuring our favourite options for Eastern-inspired appetizers.
By Laurie Sadowski
NORI-WRAPPED RICE CRISPS
- 1 tablespoon brown rice miso paste
- 1 tablespoon Della Terra Toasted Sesame Oil
- 10 plain, unsalted rice crisps
- 1 sheet raw nori, cut into 3-inch by 1-inch strips
To make the crackers, preheat the oven to 425ºF. Mix together the miso and Della Terra Toasted Sesame Oil until combined. Brush each sheet of nori with the miso mixture using a pastry brush. Once the nori begins to soften, wrap the nori piece around each cracker. Put it on the baking sheet, the side with the two nori ends face down. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the bottoms are browned, then flip and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes until the golden on both sides. Remove from oven and let cool completely while making the Pak Choy.
- 1/4 cup Della Terra Honey Ginger White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Della Terra Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 cup packed finely chopped pak choy
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions, just the greens
About 1/2 hour before serving, put the Della Terra Honey Ginger White Balsamic Vinegar, Toasted Sesame Oil, and soy sauce in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the pak choy and scallions. Mix well.
Enoki mushrooms, cut into small pieces
To finish the canapé, put a small amount of the pak choy mixture on the rice crisp. Top with a few enoki mushrooms. Serve immediately.