The ideal fall and winter cocktail with all of the flavours of the holidays. The Cranberry Apple Shrub can just be added to still or sparkling water for a refreshing drink any time of the day.
Cranberry Apple Shrub
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 apple, sliced
- 3/4 cup Della Terra Granny Smith Apple Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients and turn heat to medium. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Increase heat slightly until almost boiling and cranberries begin to pop. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Strain into a mason jar or other airtight container and set aside for 24 hours. Keep refrigerated and use within 2 weeks.
- 1 oz. Dillon’s White Rye
- 2 ozs. Cranberry Apple Shrub
- 1/2 oz. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 dashes Dillon’s Orange Bitters
- 3 ozs. fresh pressed apple juice or cider
2. Shake & strain into coupe glass or serve in rocks glass over a 2″ ice cube.
3. Garnish with frozen cranberries or fresh apple slice.