The herbal flavours of the Tuscan Herb Olive Oil marry perfectly with the tomato and red peppers.
- 2 - 28 oz. cans tomato puree
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 large red bell peppers, roasted, seeded, peeled, chopped (or one jar of roasted red peppers, drained & chopped)
- 3 tbsps Della Terra Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves washed, dried, & torn (reserving 6 small sprigs for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Romano Cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
In a medium heavy stock pot, heat one tablespoon of Della Terra Tuscan Herb Olive Oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for another minute. Add white wine and reduce by half.
Add stock, roasted peppers, tomato puree, basil leaves and oregano to the pot. Lower heat to medium and simmer 20 minutes. Remove the pot from heat. Using an immersion blender, puree the hot soup until smooth and creamy in consistency. Add heavy cream and Romano Cheese. Stir to combine. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Serve individual bowls of soup drizzled with approximately one teaspoon of Della Terra Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and a sprig of basil.