- The major fatty acid in olive oil tryclyglycerols.
- This monounsaturated fatty acid makes up 55 - 85% to olive oil.
- Higher oleic acid content translates into increase durability and shelf life with greater resistance to oxidation.
- Extra virgin olive oil is generally higher in oleic acid than other vegetable fats.
- Della Terra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil : ≥ 65
- International Olive Oil Council : 55.0 - 83.0
- USDA : 55.0 - 83.0
- California Olive Oil Council : N/A
- Australian Standards : 55.0 - 83.0