Featuring Della Terra Cranberry Pear White Balsamic - a customer favourite. This salad lets the balance of sweet and tart flavours shine. Cranberry Pear can also be substituted with our Mango White Balsamic.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh beets
- 8 oz. fresh goat cheese (or crumbled feta or blue)
- 6 cups baby arugula or mixed greens
- 1 cup whole pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Della Terra Cranberry Pear White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon good quality grainy mustard, available at Della Terra
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsps Della Terra Premium Extra Virgin or Blood Orange Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Trim beets and wrap in one foil packet drizzled with a tablespoon of water. Roast for 1 hour or until tender when pierced through with a knife. Alternatively line a slow cooker with foil and roast beets on low for approximately 6 hours. Once the cooked beets are cool enough to handle, peel by rubbing the skin off between paper towels. (Use gloves to avoid staining your hands red!)
Cut the peeled beets into 1" pieces and toss with 2 tablespoons of Della Terra Cranberry Pear White Balsamic whisked together with 2 tablespoons of Della Terra Olive Oil, and set aside.
In a medium size bowl, whisk the remaining Della Terra Cranberry Pear Balsamic with grainy mustard until well combined. Slowly drizzle in 1/3 Della Terra Olive Oil, whisking constantly until the mixture is thickened or emulsified. Add freshly ground pepper and sea salt to taste.
Arrange the greens in a bowl or on a platter and dress with the Cranberry Pear White Balsamic vinaigrette. Add the marinated roasted beets to the salad, along with crumbled fresh goat cheese and toasted pecans.
Makes 6-8 generous portions.